By Sienna of Curly Demure
This is a question I get a lot, so I figured I would share with you all. I, Curly Demure, DO NOT, I repeat, do not cover my hair at night nor do I use a satin pillow case. Yep! I said it! Blaspheme, right?! LOL. I have reasons, and these are them:
- If I cover my twists, the product neverrrrr dries in my hair, even when I do my twists on dry hair.
- My hair always looks "smooshed", and I can never round it out correctly.
- My hair is very healthy, so I don't worry about it snagging on my cotton pillowcase.
- Cotton absorbs moisture, so if I go to bed with damp hair I am more likely to have my hair dry in the morning.
With that being said, I use water-based products in my hair, so if I use an excess amount, it is absorbed to the right balance for my hair. OK, so with every positive there is a negative, and as y'all know, I keep it real, so the negative is:
- I have to wash my pillowcase 3x a week to avoid breakouts And that, to me, isn't so negative-- being a mother of a 3 year old, I do a lot of laundry anyway! LOL.
Are silk/satin bonnets, scarves, or pillowcases necessary for your hair?
Tell me in a comment below.